View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
GettingBy

Hey there Dancing....

Ya know, it's funny you should post this!! It's perfect timing for where my thoughts have been lately. I have been having this overwhelming urge to yell out - "F&%K it!" and then bolt for the door!!! Just wanting to run away from everything.... but then realistically knowing that is not the solution to my problems.

That all being said, you made the decision you did... and you are where you are... which is RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE MEANT TO BE!!!!! No going back - you made the decisions you did and that decision got you out of a bad spot. Time to look forward - to see where you want to go - then make a map to get there.

It's hard to fight that urge to run. But sitting with a feeling (particularly uncomfortableness) will give you a chance to find acceptance and clarity and see exactly what the right decision is.

Maybe the current job isn't working for you anymore... okay... then what would work for you? Then start looking for it. In the interim, I would suggest figuring out what about the current situation is bugging you so much and see what you can do (within YOUR control) to make your life better.

I don't remember... do you go to Al-anon? Being faced with major life decisions has made me ramp up my meeting attendances, and my daily meditation reading... and it has helped bring me peace and serenity - even with all the crap circling around me!!