Old 06-28-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

Hey TigerLili ----

In reading your posts, there were two things that you said that really struck a chord with me...............:

1) "...I hate going to meetings. They make me want to poke my eyes out with boredom and frustration, and I find it really hard to sit through them. Listening to people talk about drinking..."

2) "...I need to go to more meetings or different meetings in order to meet more women who might be able to sponsor me..."

Re.........:

1) Yes indeedy, absolutely you definitely should check out some new and different meetings. I find that I avoid meetings like the one you describe; I subscribe to meetings that focus in the SOLUTION and NOT on the problem. Although I may be bored or frstraated at times, I'm never triggered to drink because of others 'drinking stories.'

2) As stated in my #1 above, you obviously put your finger on a solution for you. I would add that the reason for finding new and different meeting should not be limited to just finding more women and/or prospective sponsors, but just new and different and better 'solution-based' meetings.....that's the key.....the solution...............

(o:
NoelleR