View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 11:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Ok I have to pull a 'cyranoak' here and say - his recovery is none of your business. Go get a job if you want one. That's your choice...his recovery is his choice and his to manage. Stress is part of living. Your working will not cause him to relapse; he will cause himself to relapse. You don't owe him a 'stress free environment'. He needs to own his own sh!t, and his stress management is on him.

As a former SAHM, I love working. It is so much easier than parenthood! I get paid vacations, sick leave, nice clothes, $ in the bank, praise, adult conversations. But...I feel the constant pull of home life vs. work life. Yes, I suffer from the irrational guilt of being a working Mom instead of a SAHM, even though it is a better fit for me. So I got used to that nagging guilt and do the best I can with it. It's now been the exact amount of time working as staying home, and my girls are doing great. It is a juggle but one I am glad I have mastered (most days).

You can always try it for a time period and quit if it doesn't work out for you. No harm in that.