Old 06-27-2011, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
boogabstell

My qualifier wants me to be more involved....

Hello!
After a roller coaster ride of 14 years my qualifier has been sober for over 120 days, however still doing speed. I have been attending Alanon since December but not on a regular basis. He states that Alanon is how to get rid of the Alcoholic and that I should go to AA meetings like him so I can learn the lingo and be on the same page with him so I will understand better. I agree with that but I still want to go to Alanon. I have been going to at least one AA meeting a week for the last month. We sometimes go together and bring our 4 year old son, but they do not provide babysitting and he hears things that I would rather not have him hear. So I brought it up that one of us should stay home with our son while the other attends the meeting. Well he took it as I dont want to be involved in his life and do not support him and that he needs this program and he needs to put it first. I agree however I dont want our son hearing these stories. He is now completely upset and wants to end our relationship because he needs support and needs to be with other recovering alcoholics. Not sure should I attend more meeting to understand or is Alanon the place to be for now?