Old 06-27-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

- by law, even as the biological father, this country gives me, the FATHER, ZERO rights... I know this sounds unbelievable, but I have sat with legal counsel and have heard it directly from them... I'm in a rougher place than u could possibly wrap your imagination around.
Take that letter to CPS and express your concerns DIRECTLY TO THEM. You may be surprised how QUICK in Florida they get involved and get you FULL Custody of your child as long as you agree to live away from her mother.

Florida CPS does NOT turn a 'blind eye' to drug addiction in a parent. Not only that, but CPS in Florida has been known to ask for supervised 'visitation' with the 'addicted parent, supervised by them.

Oh and btw, CPS in Florida does 'drug testing' of the addicted parent with 'hair tests' not urine tests.

Take some deep breathes, hold each breath to the count of 10 then exhale. Repeat 10 times, this will calm your racing thoughts and calm you a bit.

If I were you I would check with CPS and then a few more attorneys about getting sole custody from a drug using mother.

You are correct the welfare of your daughter is the the most important thing.

Please keep posting and let us know how YOU and YOUR daughter are doing as we do care very much.

Love and hugs,