View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bratnik

Hi Epskie - welcome and glad you posted.

We can't offer medical advice here (I don't really have any, anyway!)- but I'll share my experience. One of the many reasons I came here and am in my early sobriety (I'm only on day 22) is that I was experiencing pain in my right side under my rib cage, assuming to be my liver - for months. It terrified me, but I was too scared to go to the Dr.

I will say - stop if you are reading webmd or any of that online stuff. It's just gonna scare you more. I'm not a hypochondriac but I have convinced myself of having many serious issues by self-diagnosing. It gets you nowhere but crazy!!

I have a dr's appt on Wed after 3 yrs from my previous appt - I plan on coming totally clean about my drinking the past few years and finding out the condition my liver is in now - and dealing with it. I will say, the pain went away after about a week-10 days but I'm sure I've done some damage.

After having some sober days under my belt, I'm much less anxious about going and just ready to tell the truth and get healthy. I was so anxiety ridden and didn't have that courage until reading many supportive posts from people to just get to the Dr. and move forward.

Hope this helps - and I'll let you know how it goes.