View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 09:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Teggie

(((Talia))) it's nice to meet you, I'm glad you found us, please check out the power posts at the top of the forum, I think you'll find alot of good info there. Your at the end of a relationship, thats tough to deal with, it always hurts no matter what. You say it was a long distance relationship, was it an online one? or just where y'all spent time together and lived apart? I only ask because sometimes in an online love, you only see what that person wants you to see, it's so easy to put forth only the good things and hide the not so good. The same could be true in a actual long distance relationship too. It just seems more present in cyberspace. There may have been alot about him you didn't know and it's so easy to fall into a seemingly "perfect kinda love" You said he's in rehab, it's a good thing he's getting help. I can't tell you whether you should ask those questions or not, I can tell you that when dealing with an addict, you are most likely going to get a: an "I don't know" response or b: a response you may or may not want to hear. You have obviously done some studying and am well informed about things. I am happy to see you have persued some guidance for yourself, because you need to take care of you. Focus on yourself, not him, get in touch with you, you prob haven't really gotton in touch with you lately, have you? Do you really need to have these questions answered? what purpose does it really serve in the long run? He may not be capable of giving you those answers because he probebly doesn't know himself. I know your hurting, the key to making yourself feel better is in your hand. Take it, unlock the door to yourself and stay awhile. I hope to see you here often, there are really great people here. My prayers are with you, Hugs! Teggie