View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 07:20 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Gatsby

To Dan

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
"People, places and things."
Sobriety involves change.
Lots of it sometimes. And it sometimes tugs at our hearts. We however need to remind ourselves of one simple thing. When it comes to alcohol, we can't control our consumption. My other fellowship has a saying... One is too many and a thousand is never enough.
Time for a first step again Christine
How right you are. I have a very good friend. I have known him for the past 21 years. He is a good friend. I, and my ex-hubby shared in the **** (excuse my French), after his wife left him (not because of the drinking, she went crazy, it was horrible to behold). He is a functional alcoholic like me. He does not get dead drunk every night, but he is high every night. But he is extremely responsible as far as his job, his children, and his friends are concerned. I am very fond of him. He is a good person. And now I have to turn my back on :toothache him because I cannot be around people who drink, at least not for a significant amount of time. It hurts! And it will hurt him. Nobody wants their old friends to suddenly disappear. Any suggestion on how I can handle this?