View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Babyblue

Let me see if I can sort this out.. you are hoping by telling him your plans that he will realize something? Or respond in a particular way? Im only trying to clarify your post. If that is the case then maybe that is sort of a trap for you.

I'd say bye for my own reasons, if it made me feel ok. If it made my journey more comfortable then yes I'd say bye. But if I were to do it in order to make him realize something, then it won't work. I'll be setting myself up for disappointment.

I know because we've all done this. Take an action in the hopes that it will bring out a reaction we want. That is when we are expecting and outcome. If it doesn't happen, we feel worse.

If you can go and say bye and let go of that expectation, competely let go of it, how he reacts or what he says won't matter. You would have done it for you.

You want him to get well and have hopes that if he does then a healthy relationship will emerge? So you are keeping the door open? But are afraid that he will push you away more? If he has pushed you away already then nothing you do or say will prevent or fix that.

Maybe not be so fixated on how he'd respond but how it would make you feel saying bye. We can't control how someone else is dealing with a situation. We can't force them to care about us any more than they are capable of.