View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
kittykitty

There's a lot of analyzing going on here, i'm having trouble keeping up. We call it analysis paralysis in my homegroup.

Looks like you are looking for closure with an official 'goodbye', which I and, from what I have read, many others on here gave up on getting when we finally left our A's. Attempting closure for me, the first two times I tried to leave my ex, just gave him the opportunity to change my mind. Make more promises, cry new tears. And he succeeded. Twice. And nothing ever changed. That's how the "i'm not closing the door on us forever" idea went over for me. Knowing that I was still going to be around, in any way shape or form, was all he needed to weasel his way back in. All it did was prolong my suffering from our toxic relationship. But, it pushed me to my bottom. So I guess that was the way it was supposed to be. Maybe your chapter with him isn't done yet. Maybe there is a future. God only knows, and He ain't tellin.

When someone treats themselves like garbage, repeatedly pushes you away, and then reminds you later how you are too good for them, (HUGE manipulation, btw) it's usually best if you believe them.

Sending you strength, whatever you decide to do. There are other ways to get closure from a bad relationship that won't involve setting yourself up to be taken advantage of again. I hope i'm not being to forward here, but I can't help but think that if you let him know you aren't giving up on him so to speak, he will definitely not give up on sucking you back in.

Maybe it's time to let him go, and let God take over hun.

hugs to you