View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 04:23 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Pumpkin Soup

Day 21

Good day to all.

Welcome to the many newcomers, great to see this group ever expanding.

Went to a meeting last night, wasnt the best but its my favourite venue and i'm thinking of making that one my home group - Im just a little hesitant as i'm not sure what obligations I will have and whether i'm ready to do "service" yet. Awfully lazy and selfish of me but there are so many other nearby meetings I havent tried yet and I want to get at least a couple of months sobriety before I commit to anything - not that I doubt I will do that now but I feel like a kind of fraud when I talk to newcomers as if I have been around for years but not even got a month sobriety yet. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks though and i'm very very happy about that.

I was supposed to be starting the steps with my sponsor today but she is away at a convention, she had forgotten about it when we arranged it - so we will start next weekend. I can't wait to go through them - I will probably rush through them too quickly but will do them again (and again and again) if necessary as I hear so many others have. I didnt realise that people who sponsor people also have their own sponsors and those sponsors have sponsors as well - it never ends! Im willing to take this on as a lifetime ongoing project though - I am already feeling alot more spiritually happy so how great is it going to feel when I have been around alot longer?

Half the weekend is nearly over and again ive been lucky with no urges. I feel like the person they describe in the promises - the problem has been removed. I am aware that is just how I feel now though and that the urges can and probably will strike at any time - Im just happy they arent affecting me now and the longer I can be free of them the more I will have to lose by giving in to them.

Goat - are you still drawing on eggs or have you found another activity to occupy you? That did make me laugt and I have a strange urge to have a go at it myself Best hard boil them first, im rather clumsy!

My intention for today was to get a load of chores done at home then off to a new meeting later. So far Ive done nothing but bimble. Im going to do a list now so I can tick some things off and feel a bit more worthy in myself.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend

PS x