Thread: siblings
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tinks65

siblings

my AS is the oldest of four, he has been an addict for the last seven years, he is 25. His brothers are 19 and 17 and I also have a daughter who is 23. The 19 year old goes to school out of state on a track scholarship, my daughter will be going off to med school next month and the youngest is doing very well in school and was elected senior class president ... They all love their brother very much but when he is in his addiction no one talks to him and he pretty much avoids them too. He has stolen from both brothers at different times. they each have forgiven him but the damage has been done to the relationships. I've talked to the kids about counseling but not a one of them wants to go or even thinks it is necessary. The only one left here is the youngest and actually he's the one I probably worry about the most. He was always the closest to his brother. One of my biggest heartaches has been watching the oldest fall from grace ... the younger ones used to idolize him. He was the coolest, smartest big brother ever .... that has all changed. Should I push the issue of counseling and nar anon?