View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LeadHatter

Lexie well i think it was a mistake to try to keep good relations with the A's friend. He does not seem like a person that is capable of maintaining a healthy relationship so for that reason, and the fact that he has ignored my request not to knock i did explain i may no answer in future. So i wont.

If i receive a direct threat i may inform the police yes but as an ACA i tend to be very loyal, trustworthy, empathic and caring. i am gaining in self respect now though with my 5.5 months sober - despite him In any event yesterday i didnt FEEL that these 'if you do this i will do Y' sort of threats were to be concerned over. Actually my real concern now lexie is having a lady round absurd as this may seem. Goodness knows what a lady would think and how i would behave in her presence. Would i go all 'cave man' and try to assert myself

There is hope yes. Thankyou for your response.

The A reminds me alot off my father, thats the scariest thing my father during his drunk horrible argumentative days. The one thing that i dislike most is the invasion of personal space, like when someone gets right in your face. thats aggressive and something he did yesterday [i simple backed off away from him and continued to rationalize]

I would smack him in the mush if i needed to be really don't want to conduct myself so

But yes don't answer the door we are in agreement over.

As to don't engage this is something someone else has told me here. I guess because im ACA and had an abusive dad not engaging someone i find unnatural especially if they are angry. I would worry what they would do next! I'm pretty sure me dad wouldn't let us ignore him when he was mad! I do hope do don't think all of this is 'whinging' but i am ACA and trying to deal with all of this for the first time

god bless

kevin