View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 01:11 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Bingen

Quote : So, so, so, soooooo true! And WHY do I continue to drink?!?! I can't figure it out myself. What a disgusting/lovable substance alcohol is.....

I love the way it makes me feel. I sometimes think the only thing I have to look forward to is when I can drink again. How pathetic is that?? (especially since I am married to a wonderful man, I have THE most adorable 2year old around, I am financially secure, I am fit and attractive--everything is great on the outside but something is missing on the inside)
Unquote :

Gold1009, You have described alcohol pretty well. We all can relate to it. Recently I read a book called " Allen Carr's Easy Way to Control Alcohol " He has described all of us alcoholics as flies falling in trap of Pitcher Plant..Mother nature has made this plant in such a way that fly loves the juice on the top of the plant ,sees dead flies at the bottom of the plant, but still keeps thinking that I have strong wings. I can fly away anytime after I quenched my thirst with this juice.. I am not like other flies.. She never realizes that more she drinks the juice, the heavier she becomes and keeps getting trapped in the plant..Eventually ends up at bottom like other flies and becomes the food for the plant.. How sad and ironic !!!! If any one thinks that one can control alcohol later stage,,,never happens.. One is never in control with Alcohol.. It will progressively and eventually get us to the bottom of the plant... Read the book to get more idea about this phenomena.. It is a fantastic book...Alcohol is a Physical Problem which can be solved mentally.. Human body is incredible machine and can heal on its own, provided your mind allows the body to heal..