View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Babyblue

I've had intense immediate attraction to non-alcoholics. The immediate reaction to the RABF was "ho hum". It wasn't until I got to know him that there was something 'there' in him so we have always had a great connection. That translated to falling in love later on I suppose. But before we had sex I remember thinking it wasn't gonna be that great.. LOL (he is very quiet but still waters run deep).

So it was like a bunch of things had to go click click click before I felt such strong feelings for him. I don't think it had much to do with his being an alcoholic that makes him more intense. I think when people struggle and are dealing with heavy issues like alcoholism, it may make them desperate to connect with someone so they will feel less isolated. They pull out all the stops so that could feel like a different type of intensity perhaps (just thinking as I write here).

Many alcoholics are in fact very sensitive people emotionally. And don't forget they are seeking that endorphin rush, that 'high' and what better rush than sex, right? They leap first and think about consequences later.