Thread: Comedy relief!
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bruingirl

Talking Comedy relief!

I don't know about you all, but I personally love me some Stephen Colbert! I love his show and I think he is hilarious! Was watching this video of the commencement speech he just recently gave at Northwestern University and thought it was pretty funny if anyone just needed a laugh to brighten their day!

YouTube - ‪Stephen Colbert 2011 Commencement Speech at Northwestern University‬‏

It was also kind of enlightening at the end for me too. He says, "You've all been told to follow your dreams...but what if your dream is stupid? Thankfully, dreams change. If we'd all stuck with our first dreams the world would be overrun with cowboys and princesses".

I think for me, I stayed in my relationship with XABF so long because I had a dream of how things would work out. And I thought, as a lot of us might have, about just how good things COULD be if the A was in recovery. That dream kept me caught up for such a long time shouldering all of his craziness. I kept deluding myself into thinking that all my hard efforts in the relationship would "pay off" eventually. But that day never came. I had come up with such an elaborate vision with a person I (naively) thought I would be with forever, only to have my vision "shattered".

These days I'm happy to be able to say that what I want has changed. I'm not going to say that it was a "stupid dream" that I had with XABF, but just one that I realized wasn't really realistic and one that I don't want anymore. Anyway I digress haha. Hope you are all well out there in SRdom!