View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 06:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
m1k3

Under attack but shields are holding...

Wow, the last couple days have been interesting.

Starting Saturday and all through father's day I keep getting text messages from my AW who I moved out on 1 month ago. I spent father's day at my one DD's house, cooked out, played with the grandkids, visited other family and had a great time by the way. I ignored the messages after sharing them with my daughter and her response was 'Quack". She is attending al-anon and lurks here.

Yesterday I get this email from my AW:
Mike--I got the new lease for the next term. Will you sign it? I am desperate. I've definitely hit rock bottom. You and the girls won't acknowledge my existence. I have nothing to live for. Now my home will be taken away. I am so scared. Why do you all hate me so much? What can I do to get my life back? I'm so sorry for everything. I still love you all so much. This is destroying me. It's so hard to hold on. Please don't keep shutting me out. Please. What can I do to fix this?. I've been trying so hard with my rehab this past month and a half. Please let me back in the family. Please. Please, Mike. Oh, Mike, please.
Major quacking.

I respond, because the lease is a real issue that needs my involvement:

Lynn, I am not going to let you be homeless. What you need to do is see if you can switch to a 1 bedroom apartment. That will save us $400 - $500 a month. You simply don’t need a 2 bedroom one anymore. You can tell them we separated but I will cosign the lease.

Mike
Then I get one this morning at 4:20 AM:
Mike--I am desperate. I've definitely hit rock bottom. You and the girls won't acknowledge my existence. I have nothing to live for. I am so scared. Why do you all hate me so much? What can I do to get my life back? I'm so sorry for everything. I still love you all so much. This is destroying me. It's so hard to hold on. Please don't keep shutting me out. Please. What can I do to fix this?. I've been trying so hard with my rehab this past month and a half. Please let me back in the family. Please. Please, Mike. Oh, Mike, please.
And I respond with a repeat of my previous message just to make sure she understands I'm not throwing her out into the streets.

Codie has fussed a few times, nothing major but enough to make we want to post this. I find when I post things it helps me put it in perspective.

As I said the shields are holding. Thanks to everyone here at SR for helping me to develop the tools to cope with things like this.

One question I have is, I'm not going to intervene with the apartment. She either handles it or she doesn't. But would it be ok to get in touch with the management at the apartment so that they let me know if she is being evicted? I would like to go back to the apartment and salvage a few things like the big screen TV and the cats. Other than that the ball is in her court.

Your friend,