View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
pixipie

Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post
Interesting topic....

It was a connection, yes. A deep friendship, yes. Unique in that way but I am not a firm believer in soul mate because we grow and change as time goes on.

I do remember though when I first met him all those years ago that something sort of stood out in my memory about him and he had a special place in my mind but I had no idea it would lead to where I am now.. never in a billion years.
I relate to this, it ressonates. I was not initially attracted to my person, because I was happily with another but he 'stood out' in my memory when I look back. We also had a deep friendship which he expressed the importance of to me all the time, probably more so than I ever did. There was no 'love in the room' so to speak till after we consummated our attraction, I also never beleived it would end up where it sits at present. The physical satisfaction was so good it seemed to override everything, wanting it became an insatiable, unquenchable thirst which to be honest I took at first for what happens when two people first get together and get wrapped up in each other, it passes with time into a more easy companionate state.... only we never got there, it arrested.

Interesting to see everyones take on it although I would like to stress its not really 'about' finding a soulmate, but more about whether or not the connection they felt existed on both an emotional and sexual level.