View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 07:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Tenzin
Fallen Knight

Welcome Chris. You have found your way to a place where people are gunuinely caring and compassionate. Your story is similar to mine, and you'll find that happens quite a bit here also. I'm 31, married with a great job and family. I too have not been sober in almost 10 years. I am starting an outpatient detox this morning (in about an hour). The one thing I can tell you is that you'll have to do this for yourself, not for your family. I had tried to stop drinking/smoking (weed) in the past to answer a challenge from other people (family). I failed repeatedly because my heart wasn't in it.

This time is different because it is being driven by myself. In fact, my wife will be travelling across the country to go see her mother for a week. We have a 2-year old and another on the way. She has her hands full as it is and I don't want to be a burden to her. This is my battle and I'm walking into the fray without hesitation. Though I know she cannot be here for me, I know I walk into the fray with all the love and caring that a great family can give. I'm looking forward to the start of detox. I'm tired of being hungover every morning. I'm tired of getting sick if I don't drink.

I don't know much Chris, but I do know you have arrived at a great place. You've taken an important step. Welcome.

(((HUGS)))