View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 03:29 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  
bratnik

Hey guys! Great job Aneeda - being around drinkers on day 2 is quite a situation. You are very strong!!!

I have noticed (and have read as well) that even though I was consuming a ton of calories in wine I was really not eating that much. Now, I love eating. But I don't want to gain any weight. I've started working out but I'll tell you some of the foods I always keep around. Sugar free jello, yogurt, strawberries, apples, gummi bears (my downfall), lots and lots of sugar free iced tea (but I dilute it quite a bit). I also have microwave popcorn (the healthier stuff - smart balance), rice cakes, salad ingredients, and cans of healthier soup. I like spicy stuff so baked chips and salsa along with siracha sauce on everything. Anything that is healthy and readily available to keep my mind off the booze. And I had forgotten how great cheerios are!!!

I have also allowed myself a Coke (real deal) when I go out for dinner. I LOVE coke but switched to diet many years back. WOW - what a treat. And drinking lots and lots of water or diluted iced tea really keeps my drinking mind satiated.

Keep up the good work! Today is day 16 and I started out last week a little daunted but made it through. Ready to tackle it again. Have a great Monday and report back!!!