View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 06:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
DayTrader
12-Step Recovered Alkie

At first, my inclination is to say, "its nothing...it should pass." Then again, I'm not happy with myself when I see indications of addict behavior in ANY part of my life. If nothing else, it's a reminder that alcohol.....and my drinking of it......IS/WAS just a symptom of a bigger issue.

Stuff like that - the eating, wanting to "escape," catching myself in delusion or denial..... it's not comforting but it's a good reminder of that second half of the first step (the part about unmanageably).

Look....it doesn't make you a "bad" person not is it indicative of you not doing recovery "right." (both of which I thought about myself.....and it made my first couple years very difficult). It is, though, something to take a look at. I mean, we got sober to be able to have and live better lives. What's the point if we just trade the gun we were killing ourselves with for a knife?

Addictive behaviors are something to be on the watch for. Again.....they're just other areas to recover in, to work on and to improve in sobriety.