View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bexxed

some 6th day observations.

I'm observing some of the changes that are taking place in the past (almost) week of not drinking, and thought I'd share them. It occurred to me that while I am a bit beside myself, welling behind that is something really bright. I'm interested to explore it more. So here we are:

My eyes look different. I don't think I'm imagining things. They almost look bigger. (which is good, because mine are quite deep set.) The white part seems whiter and the skin around them seems less dark. Could my eyes have been puffy for years and I didn't realize it?!

My mouth feels different. It's wetter. I think I've been chronically dehydrated, and again, didn't really realize it.

I feel like I'm on the brink of being able to see a different kind of calm... not that I'm there, but I can sense it. It's hard to describe. It sounds silly, but things like doing the dishes and sweeping the floor don't seem like "chores", if that makes sense. The same for the ordinary administrative task I just finished for work.

Could I possibly be losing weight? My stomach seems less bloated.

The past few nights I have slept... I mean, actually slept. There's a profound difference between sleeping and passing out. omg.

I have a lot of energy, for me. I worked out for an hour and a half last night and I don't think I've done that much cardio since high school.

If this could be my life, I'll take it.