View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 08:59 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
bratnik

Hi Classmates - Happy Fathers Day to all and Welcome Aneeda and Shadesofgray!

Families can definitely wear away at our sanity - I think that's a given as we grow older. I know mine does - which is why I distanced myself from them when I was 17. (My mom and I still have a great relationship - we are just far away from each other which is probably why we get along

CherryD I'm sorry about your dad showing up in that state. And I completely understand with the pregnancy questions. I get them all the time and it gets tiresome to have to explain that "NO, I'm just not drinking - I'M NOT PREGNANT". People and their assumptions drive me nuts sometimes.

Yesterday was my first day (Day 15 here) where I was seriously antsy. Saturdays usually consist of going out to lunch, having some wine, and having more wine throughout the day and with dinner, etc. It was coffee and iced tea, which is fine, but I can't say I wasn't antsy. The first week wasn't bad but I think I'm really starting to notice the effect of not drinking now. I'm not unhappy, just out of my "comfort zone" and realizing it. Without you guys I prob would have caved. I know I'm still fragile and vulnerable so I'm taking things very slowly and deliberately - one day at a time. Every night when I go to sleep I am grateful for having another day sober.

Hope everyone has a great day! Hot as heck here in TX.