View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
serious

Originally Posted by ACT10Npack View Post
I just can't take anything serious for what Donald Trump says. I can't find any information on his Brother Fred Jr. So I don't know if he had an alcohol program. He could have but like what Stride34 said he is out for himself only.

For us it would be hard to stay away from alcohol (drugs for some of us) when leaving that type of lifestyle but when a person never drink it's pretty easy to stay away from alcohol in social event.
i definitely see your point, but on the flip side... let's think back to how we started.
i am almost positive that i didn't just sit at home and thought to myself: "you know, i think i am going to have me some liquor... ". pretty sure it was some sort of event, where people around me were getting drunk and i figured to do the same.

it's all about making choices and making the right choices.

it is definitely harder for people in recovery because the temptation is greater, even without outside influence.

i think during my attempt 729 at stopping drinking i would go to the restaurant and when someone would offer me alcohol i would politely reply: "sorry, i don't drink". i do not recall ever being looked down at for that, instead there was a certain sense of admiration.

of course, everyone's mileage will vary.