View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 01:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

ww/G,
Sounds pretty much like me and my case only I wasn't in therapy and was a very social outgoing person. Some if us compensate by silence and some of us compensate with the opposite and look like the perfect persona.

I had it 9 months ago and quit both smoking and drinking. Life is great now! Nor perfect, but much better than drinking. Know what I found out? I found that I am pretty bad socially, and am having to relearn what alcohol masked from me all those years. It would be much easier to just crawl back into that bottle and say I can't. But really, that only masks it. The funny thing is that it seems we are the last to know.

I am making much headway. None of my improvement of my life would be possible if I didn't face it all squarely and sober.

I now look at my drinking life as a series of stabs in the leg and instead of tending the wound drank until I forgot I had a wound. One day I was hungover and just before I started drinking I realized that my blood was no longer red, but almost clear with alcohol. It almost got me. I stopped in time. Life isn't perfect. I can see that now. And accept it, work on it, and move on.

I hope you choose to soon enough too.