View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
serious

donald trump on alcohol..

whether or not you like/dislike/care about the guy, i think the quote below is quite interesting:

I learned a lot from my brother Fred's death. He was a great-looking guy. He had the best personality. He had everything. But he had a problem with alcohol and cigarettes. He knew he had the problem, and it's a tough problem to have. He was ten years older than me, and he would always tell me not to drink or smoke. And to this day I've never had a cigarette. I've never had a glass of alcohol. I won't even drink a cup of coffee. I just stay away from those things because he had such a tremendous problem. Fred did me a great favor. It's one of the greatest favors anyone's ever done for me.

I've never understood why people don't go after the alcohol companies like they did the tobacco companies. Alcohol is a much worse problem than cigarettes.
1. please don't do this kind of "favor" to anyone
2. i'm sure he goes to a lot of social events where alcohol is flowing, but he doesn't give-in
3. i was watching tv the other day, and every single show had someone drinking something (it's mind-boggling)
4. just recently i ventured to a pharmacy where right next to the medicine isle they had racks of wine... it's almost funny, in a sad way