Old 06-17-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
CheekyAngel

I suffer from social anxiety and a specific phobia. I have never been diagnosed with GAD, but do suffer from it. As the poster above said "I think its just a constant worrying and anxiety during the day which never stops", this is why i know i have it, becoz the constant worry and thoughts create anxiety for me. I also have not been diagnosed with panic disorder, but due to the social and specific phobia, i am constantly having anxiety attacks where they come on very sudden and i worry about them happening again, becoz im 100% they will!!

I think that some anxiety disorders overlap.

I have tried several meds in the past. Tried various different therapies. And im begining to wonder, is this it? Am i gona have these disorders for life? Do i accept i will never be anxiety free? Or do i keep the hope that maybe one day something will change? As of now, where i am and have been for the past while is trying to keep positive and keep up hope. I will continue to keep doing this but im not sure how much longer it will take me to change and start thinking that this is it, anxiety will always be with me.

Anyway, GAD, as i said i think a lot of the anxiety disorders overlap. They have the same components; similar but different. I think this is linked to all anxiety disorders. Even OCD, i have obsessive thoughts, also known as intrusive thoughts, which create worry and anxiety for me. So most of the components i have in one disorder i have in others also.

One thing i do know for sure, is that i would well rather a life with no anxiety disorders, but for now i have to make do with what ive got. It can be very draining living in a hightned state of anxiety everyday and for that its important to look after yourself.