Thread: Tools
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
somberheart

Ive picked up a lot of "tools" I guess you could say since trying to recover from the mess my husband and I made ( I say "I" because I did play a roll in this mess, I acknowledge now that I am codependent)

First off, Sober Recovery is a huge tool for me. Even if I don't post, just reading the posts and the reminders that I am not alone, helps.

Secondly, reading. Taking suggestions from others on this site and purchased Codependent No More. (Im not finished yet, but WOW...eyeopener!!)

Third. I find myself saying "YES" to the invites to friends BBQ's and/or meeting with the girls for dinner or a movie. And note, I am not saying YES because I feel obligated. I am saying YES because I really want to spend time with these people! They make me feel normal again! They love me BACK! And that feels so good!

Fourth (this might sound a little goofy) -- Couponing! I'm on a super tight budget, especially with the AH in Rehab again and there is no chance of intercepting a paycheck (since there isn't one) so I'm learning to master the science of Coupons, and I've been saving quite a bit.

I hope you can add some of these, or suggest any of your own. I don't own an Iphone or a Kindle, so these are some of my less electronic ways of spending my time, and using tools to get my mind off of my AH.