Old 06-14-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Thumper

Originally Posted by Lunakim View Post
I don't really see it as this bad.
Originally Posted by Lunakim View Post
Again thank you to all that have taken the time to help and provide words of encouragement. I was at a low the day i posted and i am not making excuses for any behavior from the AH (or soon to be). I just wanted to clarify things....
He does not drink every day or even every week, but when he does he cannot stop. Yes i know it is an issue and there are red flags up everywhere. But I have somethings under control and handle the situation. I also like to have a few drinks,but i know my limits. Again i am not saying he is right for drinking.
I was just looking for some guidance and maybe a few people to connect with that are in the same boat.
The thing is many of us were in the same boat when we got married. Most of us do not marry the full blown alcoholic, unemployed, unclean, untrustworthy, drink a case of beer, stealing allowance money from their children, pass out twice a day and **** the bed man. We (I) married the guy that drank to much but wasn't that bad.

When I got married I was not the beaten down, exhausted, confused, overwhelmed, isolated, afraid, uncertain, resentful woman I was when I left. I had it under control when I got married.

We are just on the other end of the story now.

Of course you have your own story to write. You have awareness at the first chapter. He is an alcoholic. Keep reading here, attend al-anon, do any other self-help steps that work for you.