Thread: QUACKERs....
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 02:05 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Seeking Wisdom

After many years of AH hiding alcohol, endless lies, mood swings and bizarre behavior ...
AH: “We need to see a marriage counselor because YOU have an attitude problem”.

.................................................. .................................................. ....

On a hot summer day ... after finding 4 small bottles of COLD wine hidden in a large bag kept in the very warm trunk of his car "supposedly" untouched for 6 months ...
AH: “I have no idea how those got in there, must have been from last winter”.

.................................................. .................................................. ....

In response to my question “why are you slurring your words and your eyes are glazed over?”
AH’s alternating replies,
“I have no idea what you are talking about, it must be stress”
“I have no idea what you are talking about, it must be because I am tired”
“I have no idea what you are talking about, it must be my sinuses”

After going through detox and swearing he would not drink anymore....
AH insisted he go to a grocery store 5 minutes away just to get a loaf of bread for supper ... and came home 90 minutes later... without the bread.
AH’s excuse,
“I was really tired and it took me a long time to walk through the store”.
Never could explain why he forgot the bread.

AH called around 10 pm to say he would be home in a few minutes after going to an AA meeting. Once more he showed up 90 minutes later insisting he had just stopped by the store for some Tylenol. I later found wine bottles hidden in his trunk.
AH’s excuse, “Oh after the AA meeting, I remembered I had wine hidden at the office and felt guilty, so I went to the office and picked up the wine so I could throw it away”.

I wish I knew then what I know now .... I wasted a lot of years thinking I would get logical answers from someone consumed by an irrational addiction.