Thread: First Post
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
magdalenaxx

First Post

Hello.

I am here 4 days sober after drinking literally non-stop for almost three years. My dad died, my anxiety was horrible.... long story short whenever ANYTHING went wrong, i would have at least a sip. By the end I was drinking sometimes a pint of vodka, plus a shot, plus three glasses of wine a day. I am 26 years old. I have an amazing Husband.

I would on some days literally drink from morning to night. It was a two-fold affect for me: I would be tipsy AND my appetite would go away. I would drink before, during and after work. I would drink at home, sometimes would drive after a drink or two because I couldn't really feel it.

I truly believed that alcohol made me a better person because i am a loner, socially shy/awkward and introverted. Because I have anxiety and bouts of depression. Because it hindered my appetite so i stayed thinner. What's better than someone who is skinny and happy and outgoing RIGHT?? WRONG.

It almost ruined my husband's trust in me. I said things and acted in ways i regret. I threw up, passed out, blacked out, got dizzy, forgot things, got angry and physical, screamed and yelled and became a total monster. i stopped caring about anything else. Stopped baking and working out and cooking and playing. Stopped caring about God.

I have never stopped for more than a week or two. I will now. Life is too short as it is.

thanks for letting me vent