View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobersalvation

Sick of the cycle

Hello all,

27 year old single healthy male here. I'm generally a pretty healthy person. I workout regularly, eat well, and generally take good care of myself.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy drinking and having a good time but...
I've got problems with drinking. I usually don't drink during the week, but when the weekends hit, I completely destroy myself. Most my friends like to drink and party all night. I finally reached a point where I am going to have to draw a line. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

Getting trashed every weekend has honestly lost its appeal. I mean, there is no way I want to look back at all of this and realize ALL I did was just get wasted. I mean, all that time and money, quite honestly, was pissed away. Sitting in a dingy bar until 4am? Dude, its pathetic! AND FOR WHAT?!

Every week I workout hard in the gym, only to totally ruin myself later. I could be in seriously great shape. But its like starting over every monday.
I'm seriously killing myself here.

The hangovers have become unbearable. The self hatred, loathing, and absolute INSANE thoughts and behavior. There has to be a better life out there without all this boozing. I have got to slow down.

I need some advice on how to handle some of my friends when I go out.

(eventually I'd like to tell my story on here, but I needed to vent!)