Thread: Reminders
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Reminders

Well.
It's vacation season, and XABF always booked more hotels (almost a year in advance), and I had hoped he had called them all to cancel, but I was wrong.

I just got a call from someone at a hotel on the other side of the state, looking for XABF, because he hasn't arrived at the Honeymoon Suite of a hotel, and my number was left as the contact information.
I gave her XABF's office phone to call, because that's the number he always leaves for these reservations. I don't know why my number ended up in this one.

This means he's going to have a voicemail left on his phone at work, so he's going to have a bad day on Monday. Maybe even drive to the liquor store.
In the past I would have felt guilty about this.
Now I'm just mad that he didn't call and cancel.

I'm also debating changing my phone number so I don't get all sorts of calls when July comes around - just in case my number is listed on any of them. But I changed my number once, and it's a real hassle to let everyone know my new number.
Not sure I want to go through the mess of changing it again. Plus I finally memorized this one.
Depends which mess will be bigger, I guess. I'll think on it.

I'm also grateful I reported my credit card "lost" so I could get a new number. At least there won't be any surprise charges, because I know the card was used for at least two reservations (this was one of them). I'd rather pay off my own bills that I allowed XABF to rack up on my card while we were together, rather than add new ones.

On the plus side, if I'm getting a call from a single hotel, imagine how many calls he's getting? And how many charges from hotels billed to his card for no-shows.
He booked one hotel a weekend, on average.

I'll confess I am getting some pleasure out of that thought.
And then I feel guilty about that... But only a little guilty.