View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
devastated

Thanks friends for all your kind thoughts and words. We really are tired at the end of the day, but she is so cute it keeps you going. The things they come up with.

The other day we, she and I, went to pick up Mr. Dev at the vineyard he helps take care of because the lady is too old now, and I unbuckled her seat belt then kept on going because she can climb out by herself. I turned around just in time to see her on the ground, getting up, dusting herself off. I ran back and said, "are you ok?" She continues to dust herself off, and says "yes, I'm ok, not to worry!"

When Mr. Dev gets upset with her for say picking the fruit off the tree when it isn't ready, he frowns. She looks at him and says, "Nonno, what's the matter is the sun in your eyes?" LOL You can't help but laugh.

There is one problem that we are facing, and that is she always picks up things that don't belong to her and she'll hide them under the bed. I tell her that this is wrong and, if she continues this behavior, she'll end up in trouble.

The other day I missed my camera. I asked her if she knew where it was. She replied, "Oh sure!" I said show me. So, under the bed she goes, pulls out the camera. I said, "what did I tell you about this behavior?" She replies, "If I continue this behavior, I will end up in the slammer!" OMG, the words they remember!

Notice I haven't much time to talk about the son anymore. As I said, I hardly hear from him these days. He has a girlfriend who is 7 years older than him. Which makes her 55. Maybe she doesn't like him calling his mamma. That's ok, but there are times when I need to talk with him, especially when parole officer drops in and he isn't here. He is suppose to be living here, but he's not. I call his phone and most times he doesn't answer. I've learned to do the same thing when he calls me. Gets easier and easier.

Ok, I better close. You know me, I can go on for hours. Ann, is it ok to share a joke that is a little off-color? I would love to share it because it is so funny! Let me know.

Hugs, Devastated