Thread: Day 5 and New
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bratnik

Now Day 7!

Sorry everyone, for the late reply. Thank you for sharing all of your stories. I replied about 3 different times and got kicked out of my login. I admit I still give up on some things very quickly - I became frustrated and had to walk away!! (out of my control - had to regain control hahaha)

When I was sitting in this house 2 weeks ago, alone and depressed and hopeless and drunk, I would have never imagined that there were so many people out there who had the same experience. Wow. When you are in it, you feel like the only person in the world who can't get a grip and everyone else around you has it together. I am glad to hear that you were able to pull yourself out of the cycle while remaining in the same environment. This has always been my biggest fear. This is a new house for us and I have been worried I will always associate it with my drinking in it's worst state.

I went to the GYM for the first time in MONTHS on Thursday. And can you believe there is a LIQUOR STORE right underneath it. I had to laugh to myself. There is really nothing else to do but find the humor in it. THe one place I want to go to every day to be better makes me pass the liquor store every time.

All of you have been so supportive and inspiring. I haven't been very accountable to myself in the past few years and your support has actually helped me in being accountable. Thanks for the strength!!!