Thread: Tools
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

There are so many of these tools that involve changing our inner voice or reprogramming our thought process. That is essentially what (I believe) the 12 steps do as well but I think any tools we can employ that amplify the positive messages help tremendously!

I recently read "Make Miracles in 40 Days" by Melody Beatty and performed the exercise as prescribed. It felt so good that I am continuing the exercise beyond the 40 days (although not as regularly as I should). It helped get my MIND turned around in those 40 days. THAT was a miracle. The "buddy" part of it is important and I am so lucky to have a wonderful buddy to write my gratitude list to each day. Even though I sometimes skip a day or two between gratitude list emails, my buddy always "gets it" when I send one.

Changing my inner dialogue has been critical. I talked with my AS briefly yesterday and I handled the phone conversation wonderfully but I am amazed at how a brief encounter with him can undo some of the hard work I have done. The negative dialogue returns for a day or two after contact with him and I have to step up my work on me to stop that from happening.

I also use prayer daily while I listen to meditative music as I get dressed for work. It usually starts in the shower and is a daily conversation with my HP. It continues as I drive to work. This "sets" my mindset for the day as I hand myself and all of my loved ones over to my HP each morning. It is a huge stress relief for me.

Keep 'em coming. All of the newcomers to SR can benefit from YOUR tools that you are sharing!

gentle hugs.....I love all of you!
ke