Thread: Day 5 and New
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
newwings

Wow, that could have been my story, right there. The isolation, the hurting body and not telling anyone, the living with the fear that you are going to die from drinking - but doing it anyway, the suburban housewife who likes her wine, the dread of your partner/friends/family knowing your REAL consumption, etc etc. Even down to the unsympathetic doctor!

Find another doctor. Definitely. There ARE ones out there who won't recoil in disgust if you are truthful. Once you have one who is understanding and supportive, you will never need to lie or withhold the truth ever again. I can't even begin to tell you what a relief that is!

You CAN do this. Don't say no to anything that will help you on your journey. Try it. AA wasn't right for you a few years back, but it might be right for you now, so it's worth a trip to a meeting to check it out. Maybe try a few to see if you click with any. Keep reading and posting. I've found SR absolutely instrumental in my 52 days of sobriety, it's been a blessing for me.