View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 07:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lillamy

I am unfair to other alcoholics.
I think I take out my anger towards AXH on them.

I work with a woman who comes to work drunk some days. I've talked to HR about it because her alcoholism is a liability -- she represents the company in meetings and negotiations and sits on a metric sh*t ton of confidential information. They say "well, let's wait and see how it goes." Yeah, let's. Because as we all know, if there are just no consequences to being an alcoholic and showing up to work drunk, the problem goes away. I avoid working with her, and request another person in her department when I need their expertise.

And the homeless drunks infuriate me, too. I live 50 yards from a gorgeous park and a bike trail, and I can't let my kids go to the park or go biking on their own because the woods are full of homeless drunks who defecate in the park and accost people on the trail.

Should I have more compassion for these people? Probably. But I don't. Right now, I'm pissed off at alcoholics everywhere for ruining their own lives and the lives of other people Even though I know, they might have very limited control over their disease.