Thread: Tools
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Tools

Ok. It's time to start one of those threads that help us all. I have a great toolbox full of things that I use to help me stay sane while the addict in my life spirals in his disease. I'd LOVE to hear about the tools all of you use! Why? Because I want to add to my toolbox and YOU just might have the thing that will work for me!

Tool #1
My iPhone. I have five applications on my iPhone that I use every single day. They are always with me so I can use them anytime.
a. Secrets Daily Teachings - it is a daily reader that is full of ways to change your thinking and keep it positive.
b. Inspirational Quotes - different inspirational quotes every time I push the button. Often, someone a lot wiser than I am has said something that I can draw strength from.
c. The Language of Letting Go - daily reader by Melody Beatty. YES it's an iPhone application!!!!
d. Deepak Chopra - The Keys to Living StressFREE. A series of exercises that help you remove stress from your life.
e. Pandora - a music "station" of sorts but I can pick the genre of music and listen to it all day long. I usually pick world music or meditation music to listen to to each morning as I get ready to set my state of mind for the day.

Next? What do you use to keep yourself grounded and focused on yourself and not on the addict in your life?

gentle hugs
ke