Old 06-09-2011, 01:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
queenteree
Recovering Nicely

Yep, there sure is always another enabler. My stbx's brother enabled him last year when he was in jail, thought he was going to be the "savior" and give him a chance, and of course, I was the "mean" one that drove him to drink. Well 2 days out of jail, stbx drinks again ... bro claimed he was "done" with him. Fast foward to this year ... stbx was living at his mother's house w/his mom and his niece. Mother's boundary was absolutely no drinking or coming home drunk. They were going to be the saviors .... he drank daily and was home drunk falling in the driveway, police being called and emergency room visits. His mother takes out a restraining order on him banning him from her house and no contact. Stbx goes to a homeless shelter/rehab for over 3 mos., begs his mother to come home ... of course, she lets him ... just needs to stay sober. He is still not sober, still stepping over her boundary ... and of course his mother and his niece are "allowing" it, cause after all, he is "beyond in love" with me and can't deal with the fact that I have absolutely no contact with him and have moved on with my life and am seeing a wonderful man (and yes all, this was TOLD to me by his niece) but they are going to be there for him, get him thru this and save him cause he needs to "get over" me LOL. It's sad that they are in such denial about his alcoholism and refuse to educate themselves about alcoholism/Alanon/AA. I feel for them, but I step away, and don't have contact with them either. I don't worry that they are enabling him, or if and when he finds more enablers. The way I see it is I'm thankful it's them dealing with him and not me .... Life is good