View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 07:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
luvmyfurbabies

What a thread for me!! Lately with everything that's been going on with my dad (overdosed on morphine) I have been in a depressed state of mind. A few years ago when his house burned down I took Prozac just to deal with him and his issues. My doctor just put me on Lexapro about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I have no motivation to do anything. Of course I still do the things that have to be done (groceries, laundry, etc.) but my house is a wreck. I started to clean my room (we have 3 bedrooms in our house - his room, my room and the bedroom) because it is such a big mess and just gave up. The clutter is unbelievable and I care, but not enough to do anything about it. My hours at worked just changed from 9 to 3:30 five days a week to 8 to 5 four days a week. I am now off on Wednesdays. I'm hoping all my woulda, coulda, shouldas will get done then. They certainly didn't get done this weekend. Of course now with my dad out of the hospital I have to check on him more often. On the lighter side, my A b/f now knows the 3 C's. Since I've been coming here, I've said them so much he now remembers them. Of course it doesn't stop him getting another beer out of the fridge but he has learned something. I also tried to get him to admit he was an alcoholic but that wasn't going to happen. Oh well, I just need to focus on me and get myself out of this slump.