View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
HeyImme

So, while I totally get the whole "do something or quit whining" thing in all aspects of life, I also like to embrace the whole "people are where they are, and I am not the judge of that" thing. Over time, I have begun to view these sorts of posts as an opportunity to practice my "non-Codie" skills. Not sure I'm doing a great job of that right now, because here I am responding But the point is, I don't have to take this post personally, and in fact, shouldn't...it is not about me...it is about the original poster. I can look at it and think, "wow, she's having a rotten day!". Or something's up with her recovery that needs addressing and I wish her well". But in no way is it about me...her declaring that her recovery process is somehow superior does not make it so...it is her opinion, and we all have them. Sometimes it can be hard not to accept things others say as truth, especially if it's being said with great confidence or authority, but it has served me well to sit with the statement for a bit and evaluate it before taking it on as a truth that requires action on my part. I hope this makes sense and also want to say that this is not intended as a slam against the original poster, but is just me sharing a mode of thinking that has helped me over time...