View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 09:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
passionfruit

Originally Posted by forgotten1 View Post
i guess my question is: if you have it all worked out, then why are you still posting or reading through threads?
Originally Posted by passionfruit View Post
I don't, by any means, have it all tied up. I am a logical person.
guess you missed this post huh?

Originally Posted by forgotten1 View Post
i just think that maybe you came here and found strength by having people tell you over and over again whatever it is you had not known... but maybe, some people also find strength by just getting repeated validations of what is already logically known (yes, stabbing yourself hurts... yes, stabbing yourself hurts... etc).
I came here because I made the decision to change. plain and simple. i needed tools to do so and recognized that as such.

People gave me suggested books and websites and lots of other tools which I promptly devoured, digested, and put into action.

When I felt weak, I came on here and said so. people responded. When i was struggling with a concept or struggling with a change I needed to make or understand, I came on here and said so. People gave me tools to help myself. I USED THEM.

I stay because I have much to learn and the tools hidden within the brains behind the screens have barely been tapped.

This is a utopian wellspring of self help knowledge that I can't drink from if I am not here.

I have clearly moved forward and intend to go as far as the eye can see and beyond.