View Single Post
Old 08-15-2004, 03:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'd like to change my answer, LOL. After all, I hadn't had my coffee yet.

I am the world's worst procrastinator, especially when it comes to doing things I don't like to do. Really, I am awful (and working on it). It's not the big things, it's the little things...the details. I keep a pretty clean and tidy house. I have dust stringy things on my ceiling that I noticed a week ago and if I got a long mop it would probably take me about 10 minutes to run through my house and get them down. They're still there. Why? Because I am not motivated. Tell me company is coming and bingo - they're history.

At work I have to be detail oriented, I have schedules and deadlines and cannot procrastinate without getting buried. So when I come home, I relax and decide that it's just not that important until I feel like doing it (or get really sick of it and do it anyway).

I guess it's about priorities, and part of my recovery is making sure that taking time for me is a priority, and I have learned to relax and just enjoy the day. Now all I need to do is find a balance somewhere.....or hire a cleaning service, LOL.

Yes, skip the list and shuffling baby steps (from my first answer) and just hire it out. I'd rather dance than shuffle anyday.

Hugs
Ann