View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 09:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mida
...is learning and growing...

Hey, I live in a house full of people and still feel lonely and emotionally void at times. Truth be told, I envy those who are single and entering sobriety because they can really focus on individual issues. Grass is always greener on the other side type of thinking... Then there are other times when I'm having such an amazing time with my hubby and kids that I feel like I'm walking on air and will never have to experience another negative emotion ever. Not to be snarky but I think what I'm describing is called life.

It seems my state of mind determines if I feel lonely or not. If I'm down or upset about something then those feelings of being "not part of" come flooding in, closely followed by loneliness. When I'm feeling good about myself, I have a great time whether alone or with others. The more I delve into my recovery the more I'm realizing my codependent nature and my fragile sense of self and how I allow my mood or day to be ruined when someone else says or does something I don't like or when I start comparing myself to someone I think is better off.

I, too, think you should work on getting to know yourself prior to embarking on a relationship as that will bring with it a whole 'nother set of confusing and stressful emotions.

I didn't mean to make my response all about me and I hope there is something to be gained out of it. Best of luck and take care