View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
passionfruit

Originally Posted by FLsunshine View Post
U have a choice not to read it!

I had felt like I was all alone and had caused much of what I endured until I told my story and read other post.Then I realized it was happening to others and I was not alone.To some this is the only place to reach out.

I am grateful for what I have read on every single post.

I don't read them all the way through.

But it is unavoidable to not read some of it in order to find out what the post is about.

I read the first couple of lines, or first paragraph and stop if it relates to this.

I did not personally attack you. To be honest, I don't even know what post you are referencing when you say you posted your heart.

I am directly referring to posts where they are in shock that the A they are dealing with has said something mean/stupid... This is normal A behavior. We all know they are selfish, and that results in unkind behavior. Physical or mental.

We have all read that mental is much worse because it is longer lasting than physical.

I was married to an abusive A for 2 years. Not once did I voice my unhappiness, or, for that matter go online and question why he did what he did, nor did I tell everyone how ugly he was to me.

Why did I not?

Because I knew that I chose to stay. Rational or not. It was my choice.

If I were my own friend, and I told stories of what an A he is or how mean he speaks, how selfish he is..., I would say to myself, Why are you there?

Then I would have to answer myself.

So again it all comes back to:

I am with an A. Normal A behavior is unkind and selfish. I have chosen to live with this. What good does it do to voice it?

I guess I did not want to answer my own questions.

You know when I did start talking about it?

When I knew I had to find a way to stay away. That is when I started talking. I came to find a way to give me the strength to stay away from a bad situation.

I knew, without delving into me and why I am allowing such things, I would always stay or wind up again in situations like that.

When I needed help to change me, that is when I started talking about it.

I came to ask other people what helped them overcome these things.

I came to change me.

Anyone who has spent anytime reading on this site, knows how A's behave. So why go around in circles about it?

My goal is to move forward, not go back where I started. I just don't get post after post of see what he did now.
I wish you well.