View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lushly

I am now in a recovery program

Hi everyone I was on the sight for a while and could not stay sober. So I hopped a bus to a bigger town where I have family. Of course I didn't stay sober and ended up in the emergency room after trying to drown myself in a river. I was drinking and doing atavan, the meds they gave me to detox from drinking. Well the long and short of it. My niece and her husband said sober up or out on the street. My husband in a different town had already kicked me out, hence the bus ride. l still didn't want to sober up. I walked around the city. I was trying to run from myself or something,and low and behold my higher power got me to an AA meeting. Now I had been in the doors of AA before and had decided it was not for me. Well I have stuck around for a bit and as of today I have 35 days sober which is the longest that I have been able to put together in the last 9 years. I am going back to my small town for a visit. My husband and I have spoken on the phone, but have not seen each other. I don't know if I will return to my life there or not. I plan to stay here through the summer, where I have support for my recovery. That would give me three months before returning to my little burg. There is a very small AA following so, this week will help god to help me decide what is the best action for my future is. I have rambled, but I just wanted to say thanks for a place to come and post. In the past and well as the future. Love the Lush