Old 06-02-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nam1026

Need advice on supporting the recovering alcoholic

My partner is 65 days sober. I tried not drinking and did it for 2 weeks then I really just felt like having a glass of wine so I had one when she went to her meeting-she smelled it on my breath later and got upset. I have gone out 2 times to bars and drank without her, I drank 2 nights ago while she was at a meeting cause we were fighting. I go to 2-3 meetings with her every week since she started.

We had a huge fight and broke up 2 nights ago. I'm begging for her back. She says I have not been supportive of her sobriety. That is just 1 of the things she is resentful of. Have I been that bad and not supportive??

She used to be the crier and clinging to me-since this happened she is emotionless. I'm the crier now. AA has changed her-she is completely different. I've been sobbing for 3 days now and she has not shed a tear over this. I've never loved anymore-granted our rel has been crazy-good and bad. I've gone thru the period where I almost want her to start drinking again even though the last time it got ugly-at least then things would be the same and not all this changing and probably losing her.

Any advice would be grateful. I'm falling apart. I'm unemployed with no place to move to-which makes it all that much harder.