Old 06-01-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

mcaar
Welcome to SR......you may not find the answers you are looking for but you will find many kind people who understand your anguish. We all have addicts in our lives whom we love dearly.

Your post expresses your pain and desparation so clearly and it breaks my heart. I have a son who has threatened (but never followed through) suicide for many years and is deeply held captive by his addiction.

Most states have programs for addicts who truly want to get clean. Hopefully the hospital he is in will provide a counselor who can explain these things to him. But.....he would have to be a willing participant. There are also programs through the Salvation Army.

My son has been through two inpatient and two out patient programs. Where is he right now? Homeless, spiraling in his addiction, and constantly telling me that he wishes he would just die. I feel tremendous compassion for his pain and wish that my love could heal him. But if love could cure addiction, not one of us would be here. I have placed him in his Higher Power's hands. I pray for him daily.

My heart and prayers go out to you and your dear son. I hope that this is the "bottom" for him that we all talk about. I pray that someone at that hospital will see that he is a sick young man who needs help and will offer their assistance.

gentle hugs
ke