View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Happier

Back After Relapse and Asking For Help

I've been here a while and had several "bouts with sobriety". Able to go 3 months once and 9 months another time. The times before, in between and after were bad though.

After hitting a pretty bad "low", I've got 16 days going this time. I don't know how else to say it other than THIS TIME I AM ASKING FOR HELP FROM THIS GROUP. I've never been good at that which I know is rooted in a pride problem. Hopefully this is a good first step to deal with that too!

I finally opened up to my wife about the extent of my drinking so that will help. There is something about bringing these problems out into the light that makes them "weaker". Seems like hiding stuff and keeping it in the dark is a great environment for it to grow and become stronger.

I feel really good about things and it seems easy right now. That's the way I want to keep it so this post is a kind of a preventative maintenance post. I know cravings or stupid thinking will eventually pop up.

Thanks for any input, advice or other form of help and thanks for taking the time to read all of this.